Friday, August 24

an excerpt from my story.

So here's an excerpt of my story. haha. hope you click ME. and enjoy.

Baby, now that I found you

Baby,now that I found you
I won't let you go
I'll build my world around you

I need you so…
Baby, even though…
You don’t need me now…

Baby, baby..
When first we met…
I knew in this heart of mine…

That you were someone
I couldn’t forget…

Spent my life looking for that somebody…
To make me feel like new...

Now, you tell me
That you wanna leave me…


But darling, Ijust can’t let you…

Now that I found youI won’t let you go
I built my world around you
I need you so
Baby even though...
You don’t need me now…

I stopped my iPod. I was playing my favorite song. I know I can’t relate but it’s still perfect… for me. I guess.

Lemme introduce myself. I’m Anastasia Maria Davis. I’m 16 and I live here in the United States. I’ve been here since FOREVER. My dad’s American and my Mom? Well, she’s a Filipina. So as to my looks, I have black hair but a very American face. I’m fair. And I’m tall. Like 5’8”. But mind you, I almost don’t know how to speak Tagalog. I guess I never tried to learn it. I live in New York. The best city in the world. I’m a normal kid. I am a fashionista at heart. Who wouldn’t be in New York?

Now, you know me. Oh, by the way I go to William C. Peterson Prep School.[author’s note: school is fictional.] Yes, I go to a private school. They treat me as the most popular girl there. But I’m not.

So, let’s get back to that boring Saturday morning. I’m still in my room. I haven’t eaten breakfast yet. So I went down and ate my breakfast. My parents are not here, as usual. I’m not surprised since they’ve been like that since I was born. I got up again and decided to go shopping. I called up Chelsea, my best friend ever.


Hey Chels, you wanna go shopping with me?



Yeah, sure. I’m kinda in need of skirts. Haha.

Oh, okay. So let’s meet like in the mall, kay?



Sure.

I dressed up and did my hair. I’m born straight so my hair’s kinda boring. I got the keys to my car and drove to the mall. I saw Chelsea and we shopped until we dropped. Hah. I got a credit card, you know.

Hey Asia, are we going now? I need to be home by 9 pm. My mom wants to discuss things.

Sure. Let’s go.

We went home. When I got home, my mom and dad were waiting for me….

And they usually don't. What could be up? Huh


Oh. Hey guys.

Hey, princess. Can we talk to you?

Sure. What's up?













Your mom and I were thinking of sending you to the Philippines.




What? But I can’t. New York is my home. My life’s here! Why are you ruining my life??



Honey. You need to learn your culture and at the same time, being without us. You’ll finish your school year there. Don’t worry, honey. We have a house there. And you still have maids there and a driver. We just want you to be okay if we’re not there.


I don’t think I have a choice.


I got up and went to my room. I’m gonna miss New York. Most of all, I’m gonna miss my friends and…


My boyfriend.

Yup, you heard right. I do have a boyfriend. We’ve been going steady for 2 years now. How will I say this to him? How can I leave him?

Somebody’s knocking on my door.



Honey. I want you to pack your things starting tomorrow. You’ll be going to the Philippines next week.



I hate them. It’s late now. I’m still awake. I’m lying here in bed and thinking of what will happen to me when I go to the Philippines. My cell phone vibrated and I answered it.

Hello?

yan. enjoy. haha.