Tuesday, March 10

Goodbye

GOODBYE!

"Kita kits bukas ah!" "Uy, yung project natin, wag mo kalimutan!" "May quiz bukas sa SS!"

This time, goodbye isn't just a word that we utter after dismissal. Nor is goodbye a word we say because our services are there. Goodbye is a word that is uncertain.

4 years ago, high school was a new ball game. Tricks and game plans had to be learned because I was new. I was a freshman in a new school. New things to learn, new lessons to be taught. I was like a tiny fish placed in a pool of sharks. Harsh? That's high school. Gradually over the year, I tried to master the rules of high school. It wasn't complicated at all. High school was boring, but fun at the same time!

How time flies. Now, I've mastered every rule in high school. I've seen people come and go. I've mastered every teacher in the department, experienced sleepless nights, got home late, and even learned to take public transport. I've made friends and enemies. I've had countless crushes. What more is there to learn in high school?

And in 3 months, it's back to a different ball game again. New rules, new friends, new tricks to learn. Goodbye isn't just a word that means "Don't worry, we'll see each other tomorrow." This time, goodbye is "Don't worry, we''ll see each other in a few years, or months. It really depends. Bahala na." Goodbye isn't just a word. It's an ENDING and a BEGINNING.


Thank you Colegio San Agustin BiƱan for giving me the best 4 years of my life.

GOODBYE. I will miss you.