Tuesday, August 26

So far, so good.



I am trying to take in everything at the moment, maybe not so moderately. I am embracing everything around me, as if these things make sense. I feel free today, like I am floating and dancing on thick marshmallow clouds. I do not miss you at all. Nor do I miss the memories of us. I feel like everything has faded like an old photograph and even if technology would permit me to restore these memories of you, I wouldn't.

Today, I am inspired to write not about what I felt in the past few months, but what it feels like without you. It, honestly, was a bumpy ride at first, full of unknowns, of fear, of pain and of so many tears. Me without you is a breath of fresh air, something that I am thankful for everyday. When I wake up every morning, I make sure to thank God that I experienced so much pain this year, because I wouldn't be able to appreciate what I have always had and what I have now. Every splash on my face, every jog I take every week, every 100 pages or so that I have to read for my law class, I owe it to you. Thank you for not believing we could make this work, because I finally know what I have to accomplish on my own. Thank you for letting me see what I missed out on.

I feel as free as a bird, whose wings have just begun to function. The wind is cold on my face and it's comforting. At first, I thought everything would be so awkward, that a tiny step might be too much or that in an instant, I could fall and break. But at the end of the day, thank you for making me see the world without you. To the places I have yet to see, the people I have yet to meet and to the countless lessons that I still have to learn, I am ready for everything! Bring it on, universe. Let me take a whack at it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey! I'm glad you're beginning to feel free of pain! That's wonderful! It's always hard getting over someone who has made such an impact in your life but days will pass and sooner or later it's going to be a page in your past. We are young and there's so much to see and more people to meet. Keep your head up and keep going. You are doing great!